Terms & Conditions
Suffolk International Moot and Suffolk Scouts takes the issue of privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting our users' privacy online. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices and should be read in conjunction with our data protection policy. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us at [email protected] .
1. The information we collect
When a member registers with Suffolk Scouts we ask for their name, email address and Contact information. We will also capture the IP address at the time of registration. We also maintain an ongoing record of members’ activities.
We have security measures in place to protect our membership databases. Access to the membership database is restricted. However, it is the responsibility of each member to:
- Keep their password secret
- Protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
- To log off from Suffolk Scouts online services when not in use
- Ensure against use by anyone else of Suffolk Scouts online services through the computer or device that they are using while they are ‘logged on’ to the online services
2. Sharing Information
We may share your membership data with local scouting where this is directly relevant to your role in scouting. We may also share data supplied by you (or collected about you) to The Scout Association. We will not share your data with third parties without your permission.
3. Legal Jurisdiction
All personal data and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
4. Further relevant information
We will, as part of our normal operation, communicate information to members which is relevant to their role in Scouting. Members can decide which emails they wish to receive as they register.
5. Disclosure of data by law or order or a court
We may be required to communicate the personal data we hold on a member to a third-party if required by law, e.g. regulation or statute or by order of a court.
6. Data Protection Legislation
Suffolk Scouts adheres to the key principles set out in current data protection legislation.
You can obtain more information about data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office or if you wish to make a complaint about how we handle your data you can contact them via their website at http://www.ico.org.uk.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
These cookies allow us to manage your user session as you move between logged in areas of our website.
These cookies are essential for running the site and our member areas
These cookies are used to collect
information about how visitors use
our site. We use the information to
put reports together and to help us
improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including information about the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
This cookie is used by Cloudflare to identify your session to their platform. We use Cloudflare on our website to cache some elements to enhance your browsing experience and provide additional secure.
8. Google Analytics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system.
- Screen colours (colour processing ability of the user’s screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county or any other geographical data
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
This data does not include any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information
9. Contacting Us
If you want to contact us with any questions about this privacy statement or have any data protection queries you can contact us using this email [email protected] or at the following address: Suffolk Scouts, 143 Cauldwell Hall Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 5BS.
We may amend this policy at any time in response to your feedback, new or altered systems and procedures, Internet best practices and UK and European law.